Kiwi Bike Tours
“ALPS TO OCEAN” TWIZEL TRAILS Bike Capital of New Zealand©
We specialise in day tours
on sections of
the Alps to Ocean.
- Selection of Bike sizes
- Helmets and hi-viz vests (road sections)
- Facemasks if requested or required
- Trail knowledge and information
- Accommodation pick up service
We specialise in day tours over sections of the Alps to Ocean cycle trails from Twizel.
Twizel Bike Tour
Join us on a Brilliant & different day tour to Twizel Bike Trails! "Alps to Ocean"
JUST $180/person /day e-bike hire and shuttle
e-bike hire only $120/person /day
TEL: 027 560 9618
1. Lake Tekapo to Twizel (54km). This starts in Tekapo and goes down to the Tekapo A power station before following the Tekapo / Pukaki canal past Irishman Creek Station before Tekapo B Power station. The trail then follows around the southern end of lake Pukaki across Pukaki flats and into Twizel
2. Lake Ohau Lodge to Quailburn (19km). This trail rises to 900m giving fantastic views over Lake Ohau and across the southern MacKenzie basin. Having arrived at the historic wool shed you can then choose to bike to Omarama down Quailburn Road. Total distance 44km.
3. Lake Ohau Lodge back to Twizel (38km). At the Ohau Lake weir, you can choose either the Ohau Weir flood route (adventurous) or the longer Glen Lyon Road route alongside the canals (easy) and back to Twizel.
4. Irishman Creek Station to Twizel (39km). Starts at the State Highway 8 canal bridge and follows the Tekapo canal to Tekapo B Power Station, then around the southern end of Lake Pukaki across Pukaki Flats and back to Twizel.
5. Tekapo B Power Station back to Twizel (24km). Trail follows around the southern end of Lake Pukaki then across Pukaki Flats and back to Twizel. (Short trail)
6. Clay Cliffs (drop off point) to Sailors Cutting Campground, Lake Benmore via Omarama(32km). Minibus back to Twizel.
7. Lake Benmore Hydro Dam (drop off point) to Lake Aviemore Dam (22km). Follows along the Northern edge of Lake Aviemore. Minibus back to Twizel.
8. Sailors Cutting (drop off point) to Lake Benmore Hydro Dam (17km). This new trail will follow around the Southern edge of Lake Benmore’s rugged shoreline. Part of this trail is grade 3. Minibus back to Twizel.
9. Enquire into our multi-day tours.
What do we provide?
Kiwi Bike Tours provides everything you need,
(except food/drinks) from bikes, helmets and hi-viz vests.
MAX 12, MIN 2 PEOPLE ON ANY SINGLE TOUR.
★We have a selection of different sized bikes with
comfy bum seats.
★We also provide a dropoff/pickup service for
people with their own bikes.
★Give us a go, and if you like our operation, you can also come
on our Little River Rail Trail/Akaroa Summit
Road out of Christchurch at a 5% discount on a $200 /person /day tour
Ready for The Bike Trail?
Lake Benmore - Sailors Cutting to Benmore Dam
Arrival at Benmore Dam
Clay Cliffs, Omarama drop off point
Into the pub for a drink
Why Choose Us
We have been hosting visitors from around the world and around New Zealand for many years.
We are there to cater to your needs.
Best Value Tour
We are one of the most affordable ways to see South Island scenery while doing activities along the way!
We have great bikes and modern mini-buses
What our customers say
Wow-what an excellent trip! It was the highlight of our visit!